Our team is comprised of over 50 attorneys, paralegals, and operations staff. Each of our attorneys works remotely from co-working spaces or home offices around the country, supported by paralegals and operations staff located in the firm’s brick and mortar office in South Carolina. Our firm is progressive and fast-paced. Our team members are detail-oriented, industrious, and engaging connoisseurs of Medicaid. Our practice involves the interplay of multiple related areas of law including Medicaid eligibility and reimbursement, administrative appeals, civil litigation, probate, and estate claims, and guardianships.
Our firm is currently seeking a highly organized Paralegal with the ability to support attorneys in a busy, fast-paced office with legal research, drafting and overall administrative support.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepares and transmits legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, authorizations, verifications, mortgages, notes and other pertinent documents as assigned.
- Investigate facts and public records as needed.
- Follows up on requests (verifications, appeals, pleadings and other requests) with Courts, agencies and other institutions.
- Regular and frequent telephone and electronic communication with courts, administrative offices, financial institutions clients, attorneys and coworkers.
- Performs other clerical duties such as scheduling and calendaring deadlines and hearings, drafting correspondence, reading and routing incoming mail and faxes.
- Creates and maintains virtual document file.
- Ensures proper indexing and filing of original and electronic legal documents.
- File documents with courts and administrative bodies, according to rules and guidelines, including electronic filing where applicable.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of organization, including maintaining shared office calendars and individual attorney calendars as well as proactively providing reminders to legal team of upcoming deadlines.
- Discerning attention to detail
- Problem solving and analysis
- Confidence to take Initiative and Accountable from start to finish
- Teamwork mindset
- Creative and Proactive
- Highly experienced with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and timekeeping software; Familiarity with MAC a plus
- Familiarity/Knowledge of litigation documentation and filing procedures
- A bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of related experience and/or training along with a paralegal certification are preferred.
Paralegals for Stotler Hayes Group must have the ability to work in the firm’s corporate headquarters in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Qualified internal and external candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be considered upon the submission of a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. This is a full-time position with eligibility for health insurance, vision dental, life, 401k contributions with employer match, paid time off, volunteer days and more!