Our team is comprised of over 50 attorneys, paralegals, and operations staff. Each of our attorneys works remotely from co-working spaces or home offices around the country, supported by paralegals and operations staff located in the firm’s brick and mortar office in South Carolina. Our firm is progressive and fast-paced. Our team members are detail-oriented, industrious, and engaging connoisseurs of Medicaid. Our practice involves the interplay of multiple related areas of law including Medicaid eligibility and reimbursement, administrative appeals, civil litigation, probate, and estate claims, and guardianships.
Our firm is currently seeking a skilled person to be responsible for orchestrating all aspects of the firm’s invoicing and billing processes, including but not limited to appeals, deductions, rejections, split billing, setting up matters, maintaining budgets, mapping timekeepers and rates, as well as the accounts receivable follow up. Our Billing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the billing department, currently comprised of three. All new team members are provided with comprehensive onboarding and training.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize various computerized billing software programs, e-billing and billing portals to perform duties and responsibilities to include e-billing setup and management of clients, matters, timekeepers, rates;
- Pro-actively review and monitor billing transactions and activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and conformance to company policies;
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month and initiate all invoices timely in accordance with client agreements and various internal deadlines;
- Proactively monitor potential errors that may result in the rejection of e-bills. Research and resolve billing issues. Identify and address potential issues relating to volume, workflow and process improvement of the e-billing functions;
- Conduct monthly monitoring of outstanding receivables via various systems and reporting. Provide updates to Senior Leadership Team to address any issues or trends;
- Consistently follow up and work with clients on outstanding accounts receivable. Research and analyze to provide best course of action for overdue balances.
- Supervise and monitor Billing Team Members and evaluate employee performance; provide constructive and timely feedback;
- Perform and serve in a cross-functional capacity across all billing department functions; and
- Support and drive the firm’s goals and values in all aspects of the role.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly organized, detail oriented, problem solver/analytical, flexible, and self-motivated;
- Demonstrates expertise and management of all facets of electronic billing;
- Strong verbal, written communication, and customer service skills required;
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct law firm billing management experience, preference shall be given to candidates working with cloud-based billing systems and a variety of e-billing systems;
- A minimum of two (2) years of people management and/or leading a billing team;
- Knowledge and ability to understand billing systems functionality/capabilities and billing models;
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients; and
- Observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Full-time salaried remote position, eligibility for health insurance, vision dental, life, 401k contributions with employer match, paid time off, volunteer days and more! Training provided in the firm’s headquarters in South Carolina.