- Asset Verification Systems and ensuring that Medicaid agencies share the results and reports with applicants, and broadening the types of information that can be obtained through such systems;
- Improvements to online patient portals to promote increased accessibility, efficiency, and communication between all parties in the Medicaid application process;
- Reducing delays in payment to providers caused by poorly coordinated payment systems;
- Ensuring that all states allow RFMS accounts to be utilized for Miller Trusts;
- Simplifying procedures to certify patients’ need for skilled nursing level of care services covered by Medicaid;
- Ensuring adequate timeframes are afforded to applicants to produce requested verifications;
- Reducing excessive scrutiny of bank transactions involving a low dollar threshold; and
- Ensuring undue hardship waivers may be requested and approved without the costly requirement to proceed to litigation as a prerequisite.
SHG is honored to have collaborated on this project with one of the industry’s leaders to support the Patients Over Paperwork Initiative and help make the health care industry better for patients and providers everywhere.