Stotler Hayes Group, LLC is seeking an energetic, independent, collaborative attorney who is licensed and resides in NEW JERSEY (additional bars are a plus!) to join our team.
Our team is comprised of over 50 attorneys, paralegals, and operations staff. Each of our attorneys works remotely from co-working spaces or home offices around the country, supported by paralegals and operations staff located in the firm’s brick and mortar office in South Carolina. Our firm is progressive and fast-paced. Our attorneys are detail-oriented, industrious, and engaging connoisseurs of Medicaid. Our practice involves the interplay of multiple related areas of law including Medicaid eligibility and reimbursement, administrative appeals, civil litigation, probate and estate claims, and guardianships. Prior experience in one or more of these areas is preferred, but passion, purpose, and curiosity are most important. This job requires tenacity, determination, and perseverance as essential skills for the day-to-day job. All new attorneys are provided with a comprehensive onboarding, training and supervision.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independent handling of cases from inception to resolution.
- Craft and execute strategies that optimize favorable outcomes in advocating for clients based on the review of initial case information and on-going fact investigation.
- Substantive communication with courts, administrative offices, financial institutions, and clients.
- Draft legal documents including pleadings, motions, briefs, appeals, agreements, and security instruments.
- Attendance at hearings and trials.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Graduate of an ABA accredited law school
- Minimum of at least 3 years of substantive legal experience
- Positive and candid communication, both oral and written forms
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a remote team of colleagues and office staff
- Energy, discipline, and self-motivation to thrive in a home office
- High level of organization and time management
- Persistent, resourceful, and proactive in problem-solving and analysis
- Confidence and drive to take initiative and remain accountable for your case outcomes from start to finish
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of Mac/Apples, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, timekeeping software
Applicants will be considered upon the submission of a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.