Stotler Hayes Group, LLC (“SHG”) is headquartered in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Our team includes over 50 attorneys, paralegals and support staff leveraging the latest technology to achieve effective results. Attorneys and certain support staff members work virtually from their home offices, supported by our paralegals and support team members at its corporate headquarters.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate attorney licensed and residing in SOUTH CAROLINA to join our team. SHG is passionate about and advocates for healthcare providers in a way that positively impacts the human beings those healthcare organizations and providers serve on a daily basis. Our focused practice areas include Medicaid, Litigation, Probate, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Regulatory & Compliance, and Education. While we hire experienced attorneys, SHG also provides its new employees with paid, in-person training.
Applicants licensed in SC, who are licensed in additional states are strongly preferred. This is a full-time employee position and not an independent contractor role.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, prepare and execute strategies that optimize favorable outcomes in advocating for clients
- Clear, timely and substantive communication via telephone and electronic communication with courts, administrative offices, financial institutions clients, and coworkers
- Prepare and transmit legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, authorizations, verifications, mortgages, notes and other pertinent documents
- Review documents and investigate facts
- Follows up on requests (verifications, appeals, pleadings and other requests) with Courts, agencies and other institutions
- Travel to and attend hearings
- File documents with courts and administrative bodies, according to rules and guidelines, including electronic filing where applicable
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Minimum of 2 years of legal experience
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with virtual team
- Discipline and self-motivation to be successful in a work from home environment
- High level of organization and time management
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analysis
- Creative, Resourceful and Proactive
- Confidence to take initiative and Accountable from start to finish
- Tech savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, timekeeping software; Familiarity with MAC a plus
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here. Due to the number of applicants we receive for a posting, we cannot accept telephone calls in reference to this position. Successful candidate will be required to train in the firm’s South Carolina office. Thereafter, Attorney will work virtually from their home office with the support of the firm’s attorneys and operational team.